Basic Crime Scene Investigation
October 18 - October 22$650
The Topeka Police Department is hosting a 5-day course designed for police officers, detectives, and investigators who are tasked with documenting crime scenes as well as collecting, processing, and preserving items of evidence. The course is mixture of lectures & practical exercises.
All topics covered are Missouri CLEE (POST) approved.
– Basic Crime Scene Photography & Composition
– Low-Light & Examination Quality Photography
– DNA, Trace, & Impression Evidence Recovery
– Crime Scene Sketching
– Bullet Impact Assessment
– Bloodstain Pattern Recognition
Preferred Course Materials:
– DSLR camera with detachable lens
– Standard lens (e.g. 18 – 55mm, 18 – 200mm, or similar)
– Off-camera external flash unit with sync cord
– Strong flashlight
Registration can be made by contacting the Topeka Police Department or Optimum Forensic Solutions. Due to COVID-19, no payments for the course will be accepted until the start of the course.
Class size will be limited; early registration is suggested. Casual attire is recommended.
Instructor: George Santoro, M.S., Certified Crime Scene AnalystBasic Crime Scene Investigation